Saturday, December 20, 2008

Top 4 Things I Do after Hitting “Publish”

What do you usually do after hitting the “publish” button? Do you just sit and wait, hope that someone will find and read your post, and perhaps, if you’re lucky, that someone will comment on how great a read your post was?

Here are some of the things I do after I click the “publish” button:

1. Proof read some more. It helps to proof read some more, because you’ll never know if you have missed some typos. Some probloggers advise that it helps to have a “proof reading buddy,” someone who can review your post for/with you and check it for any errors.

2. Check if the codes are working fine. I usually check if my post template codes are working, like the “Read more…” link that you find on this blog, or the Feedburner footer links that you can find at the end of each post.

3. Ping various sites through Pingomatic.com. I regularly use Pingomatic.com’s ping service. Pingomatic.com helps you ping various sites (like blog directories or indexers) to let them know that you’ve updated your blog so they can send out their crawlers to check your site. This helps increase your traffic – somewhat.

4. Promote the post (sometimes). Sometimes I shamelessly promote some of my posts by submitting them to social media sites like Digg or del.icio.us. :-) It helps sometimes especially when somebody finds and reads them, finds them interesting and then later “diggs” or “bookmarks” them. Other times I comment on other blogs (related to my topic), leave a link to some of my posts, and hope that someone checks on them. :-)

How about you? What are some of the things that you do after hitting the “publish” button?

No comments: